Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me.

I love a nice quiet Birthday and this year was just that.  It was perfect.  My friend and coworker Maria brightened my day early with a hand picked bouquet of flowers from her garden.  Sadly, I did not snap a picture of the colorful arrangement (complete with a pretty ribbon).  Then the girls made me a homemade cake.  I am not sure what the infatuation with princess crowns is, but they insist that I wear one each year for my party.

They gave me a ton of very special gifts.  Sidney had made at least 5 cards.  They each wrapped up their very favorite toys for me.  It was super sweet!  They were so excited to show me the gifts.


My niece, Hallie, was here for a visit.  She bought me a pair of Bob's for my birthday.  I had never heard of them, but they are the most comfortable shoes ever!


My beautiful grandma was also here for a visit.  She is such an amazing woman.  So strong and so gentle at the same time.  I am extremely spoiled and got a back rub from her every night while she was visiting.  She has the strongest hands ever.

I am always happy when I get to spend time with my mom.  I hope that my daughters will stay as close with me as I have with my mom.
 
Kevin helped to make it a very special time.  He and the girls surprised me with a new Willow Tree Angel for my collection.  I had spied it at the Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago.  He had tucked it away in his memory bank.  The angel was called My Girls.  It is a father with his two daughters "Looking at you, I see wonder, joy, strength."

No comments: