Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Walk Down Memory Lane.

Last week I found our wedding negatives.  Yes, we were married before digital cameras were commonplace.  It will be 16 years next month.  I took the negatives in to Costco to be put on DVD.  Our friend Shelley photographed the wedding.  It was her very first event.  She has since graduated and now works at the Brooks Institute of Photography.

Our friend John officiated the wedding.  I am quite certain that it was his first wedding.
 
Our friend Big Stu sang at the wedding and then DJ'ed the rehearsal.  I remember that he sang the song "I Hear God Singing to Me" a capello.  It was the most amazing and powerful song.  It had given me goosebumps.  

We got married on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon just on Point Mugu just south of Ventura, California.

So young...And, yes, that is Kevin with a mustache.  I thought that I had married that mustache.  Lo and behold it disappeared about one year into our marriage. 

Husband and wife.

Kevin with the ladies.

Me with the gents.

Our ring bearer and flower girl, AJ and Alyssia.

My beautiful sister and Matron of Honor.

My mother-in-law made this amazing cake and brought it down with her from Montana.  I imagine she may have set a record for transporting a wedding cake the longest distance.

No special reason for this picture than merely because I love it.  We had daisies for our wedding flower.  Kevin had picked me a wild bouquet in New Zealand while we were dating and I have loved them ever since.

1 comment:

Eddie Thomson said...

Why didn't he keep the mustache? Looked good