I took my dad the the World Center for Birds of Prey. He had not been there before. They had a short demonstration in the ampi-theater, then we took a walk around the facility. They had one of the owls out for some education. Look at those amazing eyes.
While I was out of town for a work trip, the girls were both in town - which is quite a feat considering how much they both have going on this summer. They met up for a pedicure.
No pedicure here. As you can see, from my perma sock tan, I am in dire need of a pedicure. These feet have not seen much sunlight this year.
I spied this squirrel taking a drink from the bird bath. These little guys have been planting peanuts everywhere in my yard. Thankfully, they are very easy to pluck out.
I saw this tik tok trend that encouraged parents to hold their teenage daughters one last time, because we likely did not know the last time we held them that it would be the last time. The girls and I decided that might not go well for me, so we improvised!
Of course, they had to show off that they could still pick up one another! Of course, I am quite mighty, but quite small.
I got stung (by a wasp likely), for the third time this summer. This is crazy! I do not believe I have been stung for at least 20 years prior to this. The latest one happened on the golf course. My dad and I were driving down the fairway. The bugger bounced off him and stung me in the neck. Oh it hurt, bad! Thankfully Jimmy had some ice cubes. He gave me one to numb the sting, so we could finish the round.
I have been scanning in some old photos and came across this one. Proof that I went skydiving. In fact, I was the OG skydiver in the family. This was before tandem was even a thing. I took my eight hour course and went diving the next day, solo. In New Zealand, no less.
These cute horses greeting me at the gate.
Levi is such a cutie. I have been relishing every minute with him, as change is on the horizon.
No comments:
Post a Comment