Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Work Trips (Vacations).

 August was a crazy travel month.  I had three trips in four weeks.  I have decided to think of these as vacations and try to enjoy the little things.  That being said, the month of August did provide some lovely experiences.  Do not get me wrong, these days usually begin at 6 am and end somewhere around midnight.  The first stop was San Diego for our leader meeting.  We took in a Nora Jones concert at The Shell.



The second night we kayaked in the harbor at sunset.




Week 2 was a trip to Toronto for my Solution Team meeting.  One of my team members put together an awesome itinerary.  She had been there last year for the ULI conference, she knew all the great places.  On the last evening, we rented bicycles and had a tour guide take us on a trip to Toronto Island.

We loaded the bicycles onto a water taxi over to the island.

Funny, the girls look like we are having the time of our lives, while the gents look a bit more subdued:).

The tour guide was full of stories.  The island has a long, incredible history.

We stopped at the 'clothing optional' beach for a bit of history. Yep, super awkward, but good for a laugh!

Once the bike tour was over, we headed back to the mainland for some delicious Mexican food. 

The third trip of the month was to Tuscaloosa Alabama for our board meeting.  My friend Valerie was testing me feverishly wanting to know what the locals think of the new football coach.  I was certain to ask around for her, prefacing it with 'I know nothing about football, but...'.


We had dinner at the University Club.   Again, this place was full of history.  Our host, has a rich family history in the area and he was able to tell us a lot of great stories.


These trips are never short on delicious food.  I took this picture a bit too late, as we had already devoured many of the appetizers.

I was just super grateful that the heat and humidity were relatively kind to us on this trip!

No comments: