Thursday, December 26, 2019

Baking with Friends.

The Nelson's had us over for a baking day.  On our way over there, I looked over at Kendall and marveled at how grown up she looked with her beanie, coffee cup and book.  She really is a good kid!

One of the projects was either gingerbread houses or gingerbread men.  The girls are always so annoyed with me when I insist they put their houses together with hot glue, so Sidney JUMPED at the opportunity to do it with icing.  She wanted a fully edible house.  We could not believe her tenacity when everyone else gave up and decided to make cookie postcards out of their gingerbread walls.

These two girls (really all three of them) have been friends since the beginning.  They have stood by each other through some crazy life changes. 

Rebecca would probably shoot me for posting this picture, but I cannot help myself.  She too has had a life changing year.  It was good to see her working through it. 

Eli was my partner in crime.  We stuck to the chex mix and biscotti. 

Sidney with her finished house.  She is literally trying to take a bite of the roof!

No comments: