Friday, October 28, 2022

Eagle Island with Friends.

 Last Sunday, Lydia asked Sidney if she could go on a trail ride at Eagle Island.  Sidney had been begging me to go for awhile now, so was pretty bummed that Pigeon was hurt.  Brent offered to bring a second horse along, if we were up for it.  Um...yes!  It was a very cold, crisp, windy Sunday morning, but nothing was going to stop these girls.


It was way too cold for Brent and I to sit and wait, so we decided to take a nice brisk walk behind them.  It was so beautiful and good fun.

I did mention that it was incredibly cold.  When we arrived at the river, neither of the horses had spent much time in the water and were not too sure about going in.  

So what does any crazy horse girl do?  Jump off and lead the horse into the water.  Are you kidding me!  It was freezing!

I think this may be the first of many trail rides for these girls and their horses.

No comments: