Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Jokes on Me.

I am not even sure where to begin this post.  In my defense, you should all know that right after I got the truck some ridiculous person decided to egg it.  Harmless fun, right.  But, what I am about to tell you, would not have been so harmless!

A few weeks ago, Sidney asked me to drive her down to Dutch Bros.  I had a lot to do that morning, so I was not super keen on the idea.  I reluctantly agreed, then Kendall piped in that she would like to ride along.  I said, "Well, why don't you just drive.  No reason for me to go."  All of the sudden, she did not want to go to Dutch.  Strange, right?  Though I thought nothing of it.

On the way home, as we came around the corner, the following conversation transpired.

Sidney,  "Mom what happened to our truck."  

Me, "What are you talking about?"

Sidney,  "It looks like our back window is broke."

Me, again,  "What are you talking about?"

Sidney,  "Look."

Me,  "*, *, ****."  (words not included to protect the innocent).

Sidney started laughing hysterically.  Kendall ran out to the garage.  Sid had recorded my 'creatively worded' reaction.  Who could blame me really?  As you look at the picture, you will say to yourself, that does not look real.  Put yourself in my shoes, the half blind, unsuspecting innocent one.  Yep, they got me good!

No comments: