Sunday, March 24, 2019

This Dog, That Finger.

UGH!  See the cute little dog below?  GRR.  Sometimes he is, sometimes he is not.  Bailey is almost two, but all boy!  He is rambunctious.  He 'can' be well behaved.  Then again, he 'cannot'.  Bailey likes to play this game in which he grabs one of our socks (or similar item) and runs.  He does this hoping we will chase him.  I constantly tell the girls not to chase him...just let it be.  He will drop it. 

It would have been pretty awesome if I would have remembered my own advice.  A few weeks ago, late at night, he was upstairs with us.  He grabbed one of the girls socks and proceeded to barrel toward the stairs.  The smart person in me would have said 'See you later'.  The instinctual person reached out and grabbed his collar as he raced by.  Yikes.  My finger got stock.  I ran toward the stairs along side him, until finally, I jerked my finger out.  The pain!  Oh, the pain!  I had not experienced anything like that in quite some time. 

For the first few days, I thought I had probably just sprained it.  However, every tiny bump sent shock waves.  It was not dislocated.  It was only the top that had gotten stuck.  After much web surfing, I diagnosed that I had broken my finger.  I bought a finger splint and have been monitoring it regularly.  We are on week 3 right now.  I can bend at the knuckles and the pain is starting to go away.

I say to myself..."You should have listened.  I told you so!"


Do not let this sleeping dog fool you.  He is wild and crazy. 








No comments: