Saturday, March 23, 2019

Memories Yet to Come.

The girls and I were trying to decide what to do with Kevin's boat.  Kendall initially wanted to keep it, so that she could sit in it inside the garage occasionally.  I am not a fisher woman.  I loved to go fishing, but really it was just to have Kevin cruise me around the lake while I read a book and he fished.  I explained that boats are not made to sit.  Almost unanimously we thought of Valerie's son, Josh, and his family.  They recently moved back to Idaho.  Kevin had taken Josh and his son Eli out fishing and gave his daughter Grace the girls old fishing pole. 

We strategized with Valerie and planned a work day at the Strong's in which the girls would surprise him with the boat.  I purchased a big red car bow for the boat and the girls sat inside the boat while I opened the garage.  Josh was beyond surprised.  We hope the boat gives their family as many beautiful memories as it did ours!



I talked Sidney into going to Ross with me the other day.  While there, I had to take a restroom break.  I tell you this only because if you know Sid, you know she was not happy with me.  What?  Wait outside the restroom for mom, in a store, by herself?!?!?  When I came out, she asked if I would bring her back down later to buy this photo album she found.  It holds 500 pictures, and she wanted an album of her Daddy.  I would do one better...I would buy it for her and help her get pictures printed out.  It turned out so beautifully that Kendall and I decide to make similar ones for ourselves.

Every now and again, someone will send me a gem of a picture that they stumble across.  Kevin's sister, Lisa, sent me this one.  Apparently, the girls were trying to teach Kevin and I to pose properly!

No comments: