Friday, July 27, 2018

While the family is away, mom will...

This has been an interesting week.  I just came off a 6 day work trip and my family left the following morning.  The girls went up to Grandma and Papa's house for their annual 'what happens at grandma's week...'.  Kevin decided to head to Montana with Terrell.  You guessed it, I was left home by myself for an entire week. 
 
To start off the adventure, I should mention that while I was on my trip the girls' shower door shattered.  My whole family claims that they were not in the bathroom.  They all just heard a crazy shattering noise and arrived to see this.  Thankfully, no one was actually in the bathroom.  The bathtub and floor were full of glass.  Instead of sensibly waiting until Kevin was back home, I decided to replace the shower door myself.
 
 
 
What do you think?  I did good, eh?  I will admit, I called the neighbor over to help me carry the box up the stairs.  After all, it had two shower doors in it.  Once unpacked, I could totally manage one at a time.  My neighbor was astonished when I sent him the picture,  He said, "I could have helped you."  My reply, "Oh, but then I could not say that I had done it all by myself."  Cue the Mia Hamm versus Michael Jordan commercial.  Oh, and yes, I did wear my safety glasses and leather gloves...just in case.
 
The girls had been hinting that they were ready for an updated 'older' bathroom.  So, I decided to redecorate while I was at it.  It turned out pretty cute.
 
Once I got that out of the way, I was free to take endless long walks with Bailey and binge watch Netflix.  I am sure there are more productive things to do, but I was pretty satisfied with this approach!
 
While I was goofing off at home, the girls wasted no time maximizing their time with grandparents.  They both decided to get their noses pierced.  Sidney actually thought I would believe these were real.  Seriously?  If I am not allowed, how could she possibly think she is allowed:)


Kevin also decided to be a bit crazy.  He is in the top right corner of this picture.  For most healthy people, this would not be a big deal.  For Kevin, this was a VERY big deal.  When he told me he had done this, I just about freaked.  He admitted that he had even scared himself.  He is not very sure of foot and the trek to the top nearly caused a coronary.  I guess you could say he is "living life to the fullest".  I say, he is certifiably crazy!

I look at this picture and think of the scene in Grown Ups when all of the guys pee in the pool.  I could not find that one specifically, so this one will have to do.


I just want to know...how many full grown men can actually fit in this boat?

All kidding aside, I think it was a really great week for each of us in our own special way.  There are times when a few moments apart can actually bring you closer together.

No comments: