Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Forest Tour.

There are a lot of new people on my work team.  Additionally, some of the other managers have hired some new people.  We decided it was a great time to take everyone on a tour of various manufacturing facilities.  Seeing things first hand is the best way to learn.  One of the items that we included was a forest tour.  I had never been on one of these and had no idea what to expect. 
 
The forest tour was absolutely incredible.  I learned so much.  We learned about tree stand growth and healthy foresting.  We saw an entire mountain side with sections at various stages of growth.  We also learned quite a bit about logging.  I must admit that I grew up around the logging industry and had no idea how involved it is.  I even worked in a saw mill right after high school.   
 
The old growth forest portion of the tour was amazing.  The forester discussed the characteristics that define an old growth area.  I can say for certain that I will never walk through the woods the same again.  I have a greater appreciation for every little thing (even the varmints).  I took this picture and sent it to my friend.  I thought it looked like I was entering a hobbit hole.  She was quick to point out that I had captured big foot on camera (top center of the picture).

We took a moment for a team picture.  I was sporting my Cal Poly pride!

After 3 days traveling up the state of Oregon, we had an event in downtown Seattle.  It was a great event.  However, my favorite part was the hotel fitness room.  It was located on the 35th floor.  Holy smokes, it was a long ways up.  I had to take TWO elevators to get there.  This picture does not even do it justice.

No comments: