Thursday, July 5, 2018

A Milestone for Bid 'D'.

 Dylan graduated from high school this year.  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.  He has grown into such a great young man.  We are very proud of him.
 
 
I was in Minneapolis for a work trip, so Kevin drove the girls up north and I met them there.  While in Minneapolis, I met my friend Verna for coffee.  It was so great to catch up with her.  Verna and I were in the military together.  We kept each other company for endless hours, while repairing the fuel cells of C-130's.  She had two kids of her own now.  I love Verna.  She is small, but mighty.  She has a twin, Mona.  We were born only one day apart. 
 
Only a few people were able to attend Dylan's actual graduation, as the attendance was limited.  However, my sister threw a big party for him the following Saturday.
 
The girls made 100 sugar cookies and frosted them for his party.  They used green and gold icing to write a D on each one of them.  Then they helped Aunt Stephie decorate for the party. 

The party was awesome, though I did not get any pictures.  My mom took a few just before everyone arrived. 

The girls had a lot of fun playing pool and board games with the other kids that came.  Kendall also enjoyed some girl time with Hallie and her friend Angel.

Dylan is on to welding school.  Congratulations!


No comments: