Thursday, August 9, 2018

North Idaho Getaway.

While Kevin was enjoying Montana, I joined the girls for week two of their North Idaho trip.  It was such a very relaxing time!  Lots of sun, lake water and family time.  Hallie enjoys taking pictures of the girls.  Truly I think the girls love it equally as much.  She has become quite a photographer.  Here is just one of the beautiful pictures she took of Sidney.

The girls, my sister, Hallie and I went to the Farmers Market.  The girls decided to use some of their money to get a henna tattoo.  The artist was amazing.  She asked the girls what they wanted (generally), where they wanted it, and what their price point was. 

She treated the girls so well and took her time giving them each a very special creation.  We sent this picture to Kevin to try and freak him out.  He is no longer phased by our antics and knew the tattoos were not permanent.

We enjoyed lunch at Noodle Express.  I tried to take a selfie.  Clearly, I am lacking some experience in this department.

We took the kayaks to Spirit Lake one day.  It was really nice to cruise around the lake.  The girls met a few other kids to play with, while my mom sat on the beach and chatted.

My Dad showed us the fish pond.  There is a small coin machine in which you can get a handful of fish food (which the ducks also enjoy).  The fish are awesome.  They actually jump out of the water to get the food.  The ducks and fish take turns being the boss.  We went over most evenings to feed them.

My Dad and I went golfing one morning.  We were paired with a super nice man named 'Bruce'.  Bruce was visiting from Sedona, AZ.  It was a great experience after my l last golf pairing with the grumpy man. 

I had a few really great holes and a few that we will not speak of.  It was a wonderful time. 
 
The girls and I went over to the pond and park one morning.  They had fun watching the ducks and fish fight over the food.

The girls loved the play structure.  It was a pretty cool one, with some unique things to do.  It was all fine and dandy until the sprinklers came. on.  Really though, it was so hot the sprinklers were refreshing.


We met Jason and his parents up at Priest Lake one day.  On the way up there, we toured some of our old schools and homes.  It was really fun showing the girls our old stomping grounds.  Everything seems so much smaller as an adult.
 
Lake water relaxes me like nothing else.  Rob took us across the lake in his boat.  We had our own private beach.




On the way home from the lake we stopped for some amazing Mexican food.  The best part...they give you a cinnamon chip with whipped cream, strawberry and chocolate syrup for dessert.

The girls and I made the 8 hour trek home.  We took it easy and stopped at all of our favorite spots along the way.  Kendall decided she did not want to order off the kids menu this time.  I think she was shocked to see the difference in portion size.  She made it about a quarter of the way through this stack!

No comments: