This is not in the order that we did things, but that felt like a lot of work, so here it is. We took in a Padres game. It was 'golf' night, so we got these cool hats. It was a very full night, as it was also family night. There were so many activities going on. BONUS - the Padres won the game, and there was some decent scoring, so that makes for a very fun evening.
After the game, we went to the lower session and took some pictures. I was going to run the bases with the little kids, but then I got a bit lazy.
One of the days we went to Balboa Park and explored. We visited the Air and Space Museum. It did not disappoint! One of the workers there took a keen interest in walking us through the facility. He had been there for over 30 years and had met many of the astronauts and other famous people that had visited the museum. He had all kinds of great stories and made it a very interesting and engaging experience for us.
There is a Ripley's Believe It or Not section in the museum. That was quite fun as well. Kendall and I did this face exchange bit.
We also visited the Saturday Market in Little Italy.
One of the days, we took the ferry over to Coronado Island and rented bikes.
We stopped for brunch and then headed out toward the Naval training base.
The road just kept going on and on. By the time we made it back, the man at the bike shop said we had ridden 'at least' 12 miles. My butt felt every bit of it, but it was a good tired.
When we visiting in 2015, we made a very last minute trip to the USS Midway. I have wanted to go back ever since. The girls were totally up for it, and even a bit excited. We ended up spending nearly 4 hours walking around the ship. The girls talked me into a fighter plane simulator. I realize that as I have aged, motion sickness is now a thing. I did not have to tap out, but I did think about it.
We enjoyed some very good food along the way as well.
The girls and I took a break for much needed pedicures.
Sidney laughed at my reaction during the scrubbing portion, so I shed no sympathy when it was her turn.
The first portion of our trip was near Liberty Station. This is such a fun place with great history...and beautiful sunsets.
The girls enjoyed some pool time. There is something about a hotel pool that takes them right back to childhood. I enjoyed every minute of their laughter and antics.
My parents held the fort down in Boise while we were away. My mom even joined my dad for a spin in the golf cart!



.jpg)


.jpg)





.jpg)





.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment