Thursday, March 28, 2024

There Goes My Winter Coat.

Grrr.  I had a fantastic winter coat that I used for the ranch.  Key word, 'had'.  It was a warm afternoon one day, so I took the coat off.  I forgot to grab it when I left.  The next day, I went out to find it shredded into a million little pieces.  This horse.  He is such a toddler!


Then we have a day like below, where it is all worth it.  He was relaxing in the arena sand one afternoon when I turned him out.  It is a really big deal for a horse to stay laying down when you approach them.  I slowly started to walk toward him.

Whenever he would pick his head up in concern, I would back off for a minute.  

I kept inching my way closer until I was right next to him.

He let me reach out to him.

He even relaxed a bit.  Sabrina was walking by and asked if he was alright...he was just that relaxed.  After about 20 minutes of this, I got a bit bored and picked up his halter and walked to the round pen.  He got up and followed me.  Seriously, the trust.

Sid was shocked that he let me do that, as he is typically so quick to jump up.  She may have even been a wee bit jealous.  That being said, Pigeon will literally let Sidney sit right down next to him while he is napping.

We took advantage of a nice spring afternoon to give Levi a bath.  He SO needed it.  The water was literally muddy coming off him.

His forelock is so full that it covers his eyes.  Everything I have read says not to trim it, so we decided to put it in a braid instead.

No comments: