Thursday, March 7, 2024

Six Shooter Sid Strikes Again.

I took the second basic pistol class a few weeks ago and learned so much.  I now know how to clear malfunctions and lots of other fascinating things.  I decided to go practice the other night, and Sid asked if she could come along.  When we showed up to the range, it turned out that it was packed, as the Idaho State Senators were having an event.  We managed to get a lane, for a short time.  Instead of having Sidney shoot my 9mm, I rented a nice little S&W EZ 22.  

I got her all set up and showed her a few of the things I learned.  Of course, I demonstrated how to hit the bullseye:).  Then it was her turn to step up to the booth.  

I don't think she really needed my instruction on how to hit the bullseye.  All of that BB gun target practice has done her well, as she is quite a good shot.

Gotta love her target of choice, gingerbread men.  

I have nothing but good things to say about this particular range.  They are amazing and welcoming always!  They keep things safe and fun.  Afterwards, they asked Sid what she thought.  Being a minor, there are a few rules we have to follow in addition to the typical range rules, but they are super clear about it, which makes for a great experience.

No comments: