Friday, March 29, 2024

IMTC 2024.

 I had a work trip in Portland  for the International Mass Timber Conference.  Sidney was my Uber ride to the airport.


This conference is always a lot of fun, as most of my co-workers attend and there is always a lot of great activities.

I moderated a supply chain panel.  These guys were great to get to know through the process.  I always enjoy moderating these panels.

There was a great selfie wall at the entrance to the conference.  We took picture of each others instead.

The keynote on Thursday was an amazing lady that runs a non-profit organization in Berkely, CA called Girls Garage.  She was so inspirational, I think there was barely a dry eye by the end of her talk, both male and female alike.  The keynote was followed by a Women in Timber hour that was amazing!  It was so great to see so many women in construction, engineering, architecture and development gathered in one place.

My dad picked me up at the airport, and I had him swing me through Dutch to say hello to Kendall on the way home.

Loved seeing my girl, after a long week away!

No comments: