Friday, May 26, 2017

Lemonade, The Mall and Mother's Day.

Our neighborhood had their annual garage sale a few weeks back.  Kevin and I did not have much to put in the sale.  In fact, I had just taken a load to the youth ranch.  The girls, however, were super inspired to clean out their closets and rooms.  They also spent the evening before the sale baking 120 chocolate chip cookies.  Here they are selling their food and wares.  They had a great time and made a ton of money.
 
So, do you think they invested that money wisely?  Umm, no.  They wanted to go to the mall.  They had such a fun time strolling around going to different stores and trying things on.  I had geared up for this trip.  History has shown me that these girls can shop me under the table. 

The one beauty of the mall trip was that Kendall was in the mood to shop for clothes.  It is rare that I can get her to participate in that.  She has a very specific and unique taste in clothes, so this was a score.  Double score...Crazy 8 was having a huge sale!  We bought a ton of items to put away for next school year.

Kevin took Terrell and I out to eat at Andrade's for Mother's Day. Sidney made me an absolutely beautiful poem.  I loved this so much, because of the words she chose to describe me.  I asked if they were given words to choose from.  She told me no.  They were just supposed to have a certain number of syllables, but they could choose whatever words they thought described their mom.  What a beautiful gift.

Kendall bought me this amazing picture frame.  She had also selected a few pictures to go in it.  I remember the day she bought it.  She had just been given her allowance.  She asked that I take her to the store for some art supplies.  Apparently she found this and could not resist.  She hid it from me, so I did not know exactly what it was.  I just knew it was something for Mother's Day.  It killed me to watch her spend the small amount of money she had earned on me, but I knew it meant the world to her.  Therefore, it meant the world to me!

No comments: