Saturday, September 12, 2026

Off to the Vet.

If I ever imagined that Kendall would be a super chill mom, I was totally wrong, at least if Desi is any indication. Desi managed to sneak into her roommates bedroom and 'possibly' nibble on a toxic flower.  Bear in mind, as I tell this story, that Kendall did the right thing.  I am just totally going to take this opportunity to be annoying.  She called me very upset, asking what she should do.  I told her to google what to watch out for and the window to watch.  I said that I would set a timer on her phone, so as not to get distracted or fall asleep and to keep Desi in a confined area and keep a very watchful eye on her.  Meanwhile, have the number and address to the emergency vet ready to go.  

Ten minutes later she calls me, as she is on the way to the emergency vet.  She had called them and they told her to bring Desi in.  Of course that is what they were going to say.  Poor Kendall and poor Desi.  They induced vomiting, pumped her stomach, gave her an IV and a few other things.  



Then Kendall had to bring her in the following two nights for bloodwork.  Desi was a super trooper and became the vet hospitals fan favorite.  $1,000 later, Kendall got an official clean bill of health.  Yes, she is a super awesome cat mom and will be a super awesome human mom, if she chooses, someday.  I imagine she will adopt a pause and observe a bit mentality after a few more bills like that.  Then again, maybe not.  Each person has a different comfort level with that approach.

Of course, she sent along several (hundred) pictures of Desi for the blog.  I chose a few of my personal favorites.



No comments: