Monday, June 24, 2024

Summer Camp 2024 and the 'Pay' Phone.

Sid joined the youth group for summer camp this year.   They attended a camp in Oregon.  It was a 6 hour bus ride.  They kids were excited, because they were getting a 'charter bus'.  Sidney sent me this hilarious picture of the 'charter bus'.  Not exactly what they were expecting.


Never a dull bus ride with a load of teenagers.


I did not get too many pictures of camp, as they did not have their phones most of the time.  I suppose that is a great thing!

The last night of camp, the kids snuck out of the dorms to hike a mountain in the dark.  When Sidney first told me this story, I kind of freaked out inside.  As I listened, it became clear that it was a planned sneak out by their youth group leader.  Okay, I can live with that.

Funny story about summer camp:
Sidney called me the first day to let me know they had made it.  She had turned off her cellphone, so I received the call from an Oregon number.  I asked her where she was calling from and she told me, "An old fashioned pay phone."  I said, "Oh, did you have to get coins to put in it?"  She said, "No."  Me...confused.  Sid, "It is a pay phone, but you do not have to put money in it, but it cuts off at a certain time."  Needless to say, she was excited that first night, so we did not bump into the 'certain time'.  Later that week, she called to catch up.  At exactly the five minute mark, we were abruptly disconnected.  I started laughing, and immediately referred to it as the 'prison' phone.  She was able to call me right back (four times), until finally I told her Kendall and I were headed into the store.  

A few more pictures:  




No comments: