Thursday, September 14, 2023

Equine Kindergarten.

 Levi has been doing fantastic and looking great.


Sidney has been saddling him up and doing some gentle rides in the round pen with him.  He does not seem bothered by any of it.

I am including a picture and a short video just as a reminder of the goofy baby that he is.  He is doing so great that it is easy to forget he is still young and silly.  Yep this is him rolling around.  

I love this video.  The part I love the most is that I can literally put myself in Pigeon's brain as he watches Levi.  I believe he must be shaking his head and rolling his eyes at his little brother.  

A few weeks ago, Pam asked me if I was interested in joining her for a clinic in Idaho City.  I jumped on the opportunity to take Levi on a short trip and learn some things in the process.  Sid decided to join us for the day.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day as we trekked up to Cowboy Campground.  Sabrina owns this place, and it did not disappoint.  I will definitely be returning.


Levi and I entered the round pen for our session.  It was a bit nerve wracking, as I am green as it gets, and so is Levi frankly.  We did it.  I can honestly say some of the lesson was confusing and I am not sure I agree with everything that was taught, but I did certainly learn a few things that will ultimately be beneficial for both Levi and I.




After the clinic, Sidney took Levi on a walk around the property.  She tried to coax him into the trough.  He was not having it.  Maybe next time...

No comments: