Monday, June 27, 2022

One Crazy Afternoon.

Today I was in my office on a zoom call, when I heard a bunch of commotion outside.  I looked out the office window and saw three county sheriff's blazers, a fire engine and about 20 people standing in my driveway.  


Off to the right I saw black billowing smoke.  I jumped off the call to see what was going on.  As I walked outside, my neighbor across the street was packing up her car.  Everyone was on their phones.  One of the  neighbors told me there was a fire spreading quickly across the field behind us.  



I asked if we were supposed to do anything.  He said they were waiting for direction.  I went back into the house to make sure the girls were alerted and ready to do what was needed.  We headed down the stairs as the doorbell rang.  They told us they had gotten the fire under control.  Here are the pictures of what went down.  

This is taken from the construction site looking at the back of the houses in our neighborhood that are directly across the street from our house.



This picture is not very good, as I was not tall enough to really see over the greenery.  The fire essentially went right up to my neighbors fences.  Yikes.  It was a surreal moment.  As we go outside this evening, we can still taste the smoke in the air.


Here is a link to an article about the fire 27 acre fire.

No comments: