Monday, August 23, 2021

Summer Vacation Part 3 (Pt. Mugu).

 I planned this vacation a year ago, without any mind to the date.  It was really planned around the availability of the condo.  So I was caught off guard when I woke up one morning to a message from my mom, "Happy Anniversary."  What?!?!?  August 10th.  Right after that, my best friend from high school asked me how close I was to the place we got married.  Also very interesting, since she did not know it was my anniversary.  I checked google maps, and we were only 2 hours away.  The girls and I hopped in the car and drove down to Pt. Mugu.  Along the way, we stopped by a few of our old stomps.

We took a drive by Channel Islands Harbor, where Kevin asked me to marry him.

We also stopped by our first home together.  I loved this place.  It was a cute little condo in the ghetto.  Our neighbors across the street were all multi millionaires with yacht slips in their backyards.

At last we made it to the beautiful peninsula where we said our "I do's".  The girls were in awe of the beauty.  Several times, Sidney asked how we could have ever left this place.




There is a beach right near the point.  Kevin and I had originally thought about getting married on the beach here, but the tide charts were not supportive of our date/time.  It is a beautiful beach.  It seemed like the girls could not get enough of the sand and ocean.


About 15 minutes down the road from Pt. Mugu is one of the best surf spots along the coast.  The girls and I drove down there for lunch.


After our lunch, we walked down to the beach, to watch the surfers.  

No comments: