Friday, August 6, 2021

Baby Bella - What?!?

Not sure how this happened?  So Bailey is four years old now and has calmed down so much in the past year.  He was such a crazy, rambunctious puppy that I was not really sure about ever doing that again.  However, for the past six months or so, my heart has been tugging a bit.  I did not dare tell the girls, as they have been ready for a LONG time.  A couple weeks ago, I saw a litter of chocolate labs.  I told the girls that we should go 'look'.  Here is the thing, I wanted to get a female.  Sure enough, we show up and there are two females, but only one available.  The owners friend was going to keep one of the females, it did not matter which one.  The girls instantly bonded with the 'green collar'.  I asked the man which one he was partial to.  He said he was truly fine with either.  They were both good little dogs.  In his opinion, the 'orange collar' was cuter, but the 'green collar' had a very good disposition.  Well, needless to say, we left that day with 'green collar'.  Meet Bella!



The girls are all in and have been rockstars at helping out.  They take turns taking her out every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom (we have recently upped it to 45 minutes).  Sidney is feeding in the AM and Kendall has been feeding in the PM.  Honestly, if it were not for them helping, I would probably be out of my mind.  They have had a blast welcoming her to the family.  She has also done an amazing job at sleeping in her crate at night.  The first three nights, she woke up to go to the bathroom.  Since then, she has been sleeping like a champ.

Bailey had to go to his annual vet check up the other day, so we took Bella along for the ride.  Between the treats at the vet and the puppicino on the way home, I think she will be very ego to go to her own first appointment!

The day we brought Bella home, Bailey slobbered all over her and seemed to like her.  However, he did not engage much the first few days.  Then suddenly, it was game on!

Bailey literally holds her between his front paws and rolls side to side.  It is hilarious.  He is definitely wearing her down for us.  

They are the cutest pair!


I write this blog about 5 minutes after I discover that she snuck one of my shoes out of my closet and chewed a hole in it.  Seriously!  I definitely cannot let that happen again.  Somehow I am equal parts angry and amused.  What can I expect?  She is a puppy.

No comments: