Saturday, May 23, 2020

Our Sweet Porch and Our Sweet Tooth.

I love our front porch.  It has always been a place to sit and chat or read a book.  This spring, Sidney and I spied this adorable love seat rocker.  We frivolously purchased it and rearranged the furniture a bit.  My mom recovered some of our pillows.  

I remember when Kevin first got sick, and I needed to take over yard duty.  I found it both intimidating and burdensome.  I now find it very relaxing and therapeutic.  I also just love to sit and enjoy the fruits of our labor.  I say 'our' labor, because a lot of our projects were inspired by Kevin's love of Pinterest.  I also say 'our', because the girls have become a HUGE help with the yard.  They are both trained lawn mower operators and weed whackers.  Kendall learned to mow the lawn last year.  I figured Sidney had one more year and a few more inches to go, but her determination and persuasiveness convinced me to give her a try.  One lap around the yard, and she was off and running.  



I had nowhere to park this picture, so here it is.  My parents got the girls a cake pop maker as a thank you after their stay here.  I am pretty sure that I am totally in love with using it.  I made these cute little bite sized pieces the other night.  Not too shabby for my first try!

No comments: