Monday, June 4, 2018

A Busy, Fun-Filled May.

May has been a very busy month, as with all families with kids.  Kendall decided to enter the 5th grade science fair.  She mentioned she wanted to write a blog about it, so I will not give you all the details.  She invited her sister to put a few last minute touches on her display board.

We bought a super frivolous machine a few months back.  We were inspired with the sign making class that we went to for Wish Granters.  We attempted to make a couple more signs as gifts on our own. The local craft store had a very limited selection of pre-printed vinyl sayings, and the vinyl was not very good quality.  I mentioned to Kevin that I have been secretly wanting a Silhouette machine since 2009.  I know the specific year, because it was the year that RedBuilt was formed.  The wife of my coworker had purchased one and made us all kinds of awesome monogrammed things.  Well, my equally crafty husband took little convincing. 

Below is a cute little gift the girls made for their teachers out of heat transfer vinyl.  This is one of many fun things we have been making.
 
Over Memorial Day weekend, Kendall joined David and the Nelson kids on a camp cleanup weekend in McCall.  She worked hard and had a great time.  She came home with more scrapes and bruises than I have ever seen, which must mean she played hard too!

I convinced Kevin to taking me golfing.  It was a beautiful day.  We got paired with an incredibly grumpy old man (no joking) and his very friendly wife (also not joking).  Three holes in, 'grumpy man' finally loosened up.  Kevin is a great golfer.  He has went out with me twice this year.  He plays until he gets tired, then he drives me around and encourages me.  I love it!

There are probably a million things wrong with this swing.  However, my head is down.  Yes!  That is a big step for me as I am a looky-loo.

Sid and Jackson took us bowling.  Sid skunked us the first game. 

I love this picture.  Sid claims that Jackson 'photo bombed' her. 

The girls have gotten so much stronger through gymnastics.  Sidney has been showing me that she can do pull-ups with four different grips.  The picture below is her demonstrating this on the tree in our backyard.  She is not doing an arm hang.  This was an actual pull-up.

Kendall could not be outdone by her litter sister.  Here she is showing off her upper body strength!

No comments: