Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Inspiration, Ideas and Rear-Ends.

This is a very belated post.  Sidney cracks me up.  She is growing out of her belief in the animated creatures that we adults use to make holidays more fun for the kids.  However, she struggles with this.  We have told her the truth behind all of these characters, but she continues to keep up the fun.  The night before St. Patrick's day, she made this awesome leprechaun trap.  She awoke the next morning, to find that the leprechaun's had escaped the trap, but had left some wonderful gold wrapped chocolate behind.  Aha!  Now I see why she keeps up the ruse.



Sidney has also become a Pinterest fan.  That would make 3 out of 4 of the Strong household avid Pinterest lovers.  I am not one of them.  I am not anti-Pinterest.  I just cannot spend hours looking at creative ideas, like the rest of my family.  Sidney found this crafty piggy bank idea from a 2 liter bottle.  She did a nice job, with  no help from the rest of the family.

Kendall, Terrell, Kaye and I decided to visit the annual flower and garden show.  This is one of my favorite events, along with the Festival of Trees.  We spent WAY too much money, but it was fun.  Kendall was absolutely hilarious this year.  She had done a lot of extra work around the house in the weeks leading up to the event.  She came prepared to shop and prepared to have a lot of fun. 

I suspect this picture is totally inappropriate, but Kendall insisted that I take it and post it.  We were both giggling hysterically at the detail of this primate.  Yes, perhaps I lack a certain level of maturity!

I am ready for spring, ready for gardening!  I love this time of year. 

No comments: