Monday, June 5, 2017

Capitol Classic 2017

One of my favorite events is the Capitol Classic run for kids.  I just love how well organized it is, and the girls always have a great time.  This year I decided to make it official and volunteer.  I enjoyed helping all of the little ones from their parents car to their place at the start line.  The more experienced kids ran toward their respective place.  The first timers approached with nervous excitement that was soon replaced with just plain excitement.

Sidney found one of her school friends before the race.

Here is my one shot of Kendall before the race began.  Miss Independent.  The only other picture I have of her before the end is one of her and a few girls running to the restroom before the race began.  She claims she would like to run with me next year.   We'll see if she holds to that.

The music was blasting before the race.  The kids were busy playing games, rocking out and dousing themselves with water.

Sidney is off!

Family selfie at the fair.

The lovely Miss Kendall.

This picture is awesome on so many levels.  Sidney is never very willing to pose with dressed up characters, yet she ran right up to this Stormtrooper to get a picture to send to Jackson.  Is that Stormtrooper not totally cool looking?  Good job, Mr. Stormtrooper!  That said, there was still no way she was going to pose with Chewbacca.

No comments: