Monday, May 30, 2016

The Cleanest Town in Texas.

If you read this blog, you will know the struggles that we have had with Sidney in the past year or so.  She has had some pretty fierce anxiety issues.  So what does any good parent do?  Enroll their seriously anxiety-prone, introverted child in Drama Club.  Why not? 

Yes, that is the truth.  Last January, her school sent home a flyer for drama class.  She told me that she wanted to go.  The flyer said how good it was for confidence building.  So, I called the drama coach.  He assured me that he could work with her.  The beauty of the class is that she walked herself right down the hall after school to participate.  No drop off.  No anxiety laden transition.  Beautiful!  The first few weeks she cried the morning of club.  I told her that if she stuck with it for one month I would get her a t-shirt.  I am not above bribery.  It worked.  She stuck with it.  She loved it!!!

The grand finale was last week.  Her class put on a performance at the local high school.  She was amazing.  They were ALL amazing.  The play was set back in the wild west of Texas.  Sidney played Whitney the Waitress.  The following are a load of snapshots I took. 

She did not seem nervous one bit.  Afterward, I asked her if she had been nervous.  She said that she was a little.  To me, it just looked like she was having a great time.


Lulubelle and Jake having a bit of drama.

Sidney square dancing with the cast.

A little more drama...

Taking their bow.

Sidney received an award for finishing the class.  It was such a treat to watch.  The bonus is that my mom was here to see it.  We all got such a kick out of our shy little girl belting out her lines without a care in the world!

No comments: