Thursday, June 2, 2011

Slippery Fish & Clamshell Clap

Kendall had her first "on stage" dance recital a couple of weeks ago.  It was quite fun and I was very impressed with how efficient and professional the instructors were.  The recital was 20 classes full of 3-5 year old little girls.  The theme was "Under the Sea".  Kendall's two dances were Slippery Fish and Clamshell Clap.  After the recital she received flowers from Grandma T, Sidney and Daddy.  Grandma Karen got her a bouquet of balloons.  The day after the recital she insisted on taking her balloons out in the backyard.  Kevin warned her that they would fly away and advised against taking them outside.  A grand total of 30 seconds after taking them out, she came back in the house empty handed and announced "I am not going to cry.  I will get more balloons in my lifetime."  I only wish I was that rational when things like that happened to me.

The highlight for Kendall was having all of her family there to watch her.  Grandma Terrell flew all the way from Montana to see her dance.  Aunt Stephie, Dylan and Hallie were here for the state baseball tournament and were able to watch her recital. 

As luck would have it, both of our camera batteries went out minutes before Kendall went on.  Fortunately Grandma Terrell had her camera.  Afterward we asked her if she was nervous on the stage.  She said not at all.  She said the audience was all dark.  She could only see her teacher.  Kendall is the second ballerina from the left.

There is actually a video, if I am ever able to upload it.  The video is quite hilarious.  Wish me luck!

The week before I took her to get dance pictures.  I think the picture taking session was more overwhelming than the recital. 




1 comment:

Team said...

Ooo, Audrey and I just discovered the video! She was very impressed with Kendall's performance, great job!