Friday, June 17, 2011

A Very Special Day.

Last Tuesday was my birthday and it was one of the top 5 birthdays I have ever had.  Since I have only had about 20 birthdays, that is pretty good (go ahead, I dare you to challenge that number).  Kevin did an amazing job making it a very special day.  He started the "top secret" planning about a week ago.  It was such a thrill for me to watch the excitement from the girls.  Kendall could barely contain herself.  She constantly kept bringing up the "secret surprises".  I literally had to talk her out of spilling the beans.  Sid on the other hand was a totally different story.  The day before my birthday, her and I were out and about.  Being the detective that I am, I thought I would pump her for some of the details:

Me:  Sid who's birthday is it tomorrow?
Sid:  Mommy's birthday!
Me:  What are you going to do for mommy?
Sid:  I can't tell (shake of the head).
Me:  What kind of cake are you making?
Sid:  I can't tell (shake of the head).

I came home from work to a banner and balloons.  The girls (and Kevin) had birthday tiaras and mardi gras beads on.  They were yelling Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs.  Kevin had ordered my favorite dinner - pizza. 

The girls had each painted a wooden picture frame (flower pot) for me.  They also each picked out a gift for me.  Each of the girls picked out bubble gum.  They told Kevin that mommy would really like that.  By the end of the night Kendall was asking if she could have another piece of "her" bubble gum.  Then for dessert we had cheesecake (decorated by the girls). 


Kevin caught the first moment of Kendall giving me the "Seriously mom, you are weird look".  I suspect as she gets older we will see more and more of that look.   Along with the "you embarrass me mom look".  I can still remember shopping with my mom.  My sister and I would be trying on clothes in the dressing room and my mom would come in yelling "HEATHER, STEPHANIE, WHERE ARE YOU?"  Of course we would never reply because we were SO EMBARRASSED.  Good times!

It was a very special birthday.  I appreciate all of the thought that Kevin put into the evening.  He truly thought of everything that I would love.   Thank you!!!

No comments: