Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Art of Make-Believe.

A few weeks ago I took the girls to get their annual pictures together.  I typically try to pick their outfits myself for at least a few of the pictures, then I let them pick out a second outfit.  This year I wanted to capture the girls doing something they love...playing dress up.  They helped me fill their trunk up full of jewelry, wands and dress up clothes.  Then we headed to the studio.  They had a really good time taking these pictures.  Though I must say, it was quite a challenge to get them both to look at the camera and smile at the same time.  It was a good thing that I did not have that goal in mind!  The best part was that they begged me to wear their dress up clothes home.  I never realized how difficult it would be for them to walk in their plastic high heels on the pavement, but they managed and were thrilled to do so.


And now for a few pictures in the outfits that I picked out (kind of).  Kendall was adamant on wearing her "fruit" dress.  Sid was pretty picky as well.  I tried to get her to wear coordinating shorts and top, but she was insistent that she wear a dress too!  So I guess in the end, I did not have much of a say at all:)


I never want this stage to pass.  I can only hope that the next one will bring even more fun.  Gotta love it...!

No comments: