Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our Quiet Time

Something that I have tried to do is spend a few minutes of alone time with each girl every day. Somedays this just does not happen, and other days it seems like a chore (bad mom!). But last night as I was in Kendall's room helping her do flashcards, I realized how good this time is for all of us. This realization came as I found myself REALLY laughing for the first time in several days. Not the soft chuckle that comes after a joke is told, but this was the kind of laugh that made my sides hurt.

Then a short while later, I was in Sidney's room and was more aware of how proud she was to show me that she could put the rings on her toy and get up on her rocking horse. She just kept looking at me and grinning ear to ear. For each accomplishment she would nod her head vigorously (she is a woman of very few words).

Now if I can only remember to cherish these special moments instead of occassionally being burdened by them. Here we G-R-O-W!

1 comment:

Gerbicks said...

i've been also trying to do that, spend one-on-one time...it can be difficult at times! i have to quiet my list of to-do's & want-to-do's. you're right, growing as a parent can be funny & enlightening.