Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Car Troubles

The title of this post should be “Back seat drivers and bring your daughters to work day”.

Back Seat Drivers
One of the games that we play in the car (to and from work) is a version of red light, green light. Kendall has been very interested in determining what the color of each traffic light means. Unfortunately for me, she is getting very good at this. On Monday as I was driving the girls to Rebecca’s, one of the traffic lights I was passing through mysteriously turned yellow and then suddenly red. Yikes! Kendall yells “Mommy you have to stop - red light. Why did you go?” How do I explain that one?

Bring Your Daughters to Work Day
To top it off, this morning on my way to work the girls were being SO quiet and the music on the radio was exceptionally good. As I turned onto the street to go to my office building, it dawned on me that I had not dropped the girls off. DOH! I turned around to look and sure enough there they were, sitting quietly in the backseat. Can you say “U-turn”?

3 comments:

Gerbicks said...

okay, both stories--hilarious! thanks for the laughs.

King Kohls said...

That is hilarious, Heather! You should have just taken them in and put them to work...kids are never too young to work a full 8 hours (according to my father). ;) They must have really wanted to spend time with mommy!

Phone: (208) 255-8085 said...

How funny!!!!!!!!!!! Well they almost got to spend the day with mommy at work!Love Mom