Monday, February 8, 2010

The Week in Review

Where to begin? It has been an exciting week in the Strong household. Here is my attempt to catch everyone up beginning with LAST weekend. I think I will start with this adorable picture of Sid. It is so hard to believe how fast she is growing up. Wasn't she just a teeny tiny baby? Now she thinks she is a bigshot that can sit at the table and color. WOW!

Aliens and Eggheads
Last Sunday while Asher was over, he and Kendall ran smack into each other knocking both of them on their behinds. As I watched the event unfold, I ran over to see if they were okay. Asher started to say "I don't feel good. I am hot." Then I looked at Kendall and she had this E.T. baseball sized lump growing on her head. Needless to say I started freaking out and yelling for Kevin to come. Long story short everyone was alright. Asher did not pass out and Kendall had a black and blue head for the next 8 days. I had no idea that a forehead could get so huge. It is no surprise that I am NOT in the medical profession, as events like these totally freak me out. To both my fathers and Kevin's utter annoyance, these types of situations usually cause me to break out into uncontrollable laughter (I think it is hereditary).

The Grandparents Were Here!
This was the highlight of the week. Friday morning I picked my parents up from the airport and the girls got to spend the whole day alone with Gram and Pop while I had to go back to work. Jealous! It was really great though. It is awesome to see the girls snuggle up to them. It amazes me how much little kids instinctually know who their family is. They only see their grandparents a handful of times each year. But even as babies, they automatically had that special relationship.

Shopping, the Library and Starbucks
Friday night while the guys went to the basketball game, mom and I took the girls shopping at the mall. It was a lot of fun. We tried on lots of jewelry, ate lots of chocolate and generally had a blast. Here are the girls packing their purses for the big shopping trip.
Then Saturday afternoon while the guys went fishing (do you sense a trend here?), the ladies went to Starbucks and to the library for awhile. We are a wild bunch indeed. Kendall absolutely adores the library as she gets to click away on the computer. Sid on the other hand prefers to climb up and down the pint sized chairs. Meanwhile mom and I got caught up on all of the latest gossip.

Superbowl Sunday
My parents were here for the Superbowl along with Bill, Lorain and their kids. Katie and Kendall got all dressed up for the big game.
While Sid decided to play it low key with the boys...
Black Monday
Similar to Black Sunday, which is the Sunday after Thanksgiving when all of our family goes home, today was Black Monday. We dropped my parents off at the airport on the way to work (and daycare). It was so sad to see them go. Kendall decided to mark the occasion by throwing up on the way to Rebecca's. Darn that motion sickness. So here we go, off to another week and back to work to rest :)

1 comment:

Phone: (208) 255-8085 said...

Grandma and papa had the best time with those babies.Sooooooooo sweet.I can still feel Sidney's face snuggled in my shoulder and Kendall's hugs.I miss it!!!!!!!!!I love you Heather Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love Mom