Monday, January 1, 2024

Extreme Makeover, Heather Edition.

Wow, January is not even over yet, and it has been an incredible year so far.  Sidney and I spent New Year's Eve at the ranch, while Kendall had the closing shift at Dutch.  We decided to take our cold, grubby selves to Ling and Louie's for a yummy New Year's Eve dinner.


That afternoon, I had decided, very spontaneously, to give the dining room a makeover.  Thank goodness I had a stash of painting supplies and some Sherwin Williams paint leftover in my garage.  Here is the before picture of our dining room


I had decided that it was time to part with the hutch that my cousin Ron had made in high school shop, roughly 40 years ago.  Thankfully it will be staying in the family, as his son Jake will be the proud new owner.  I still have the glass doors wrapped nicely in my storage closet.

For the big reveal...here is my new dining room.  All these items were in my home, except the nice new buffet cabinet.  I also purchased some 2x material to make the shelves.  The barrel chairs were from the sunroom.  I did not end up loving them in there, and was planning to sell them.  However, they fit perfectly in this space.  When I am puzzling, the girls come and sit in them to chat.  It is a win-win, really.

I moved Kevin's shadowbox to my room.  It looks beautiful in there.

While I was at it, I was adventurous enough to re-paint the sunroom.  I really wanted to get rid of the plum color, but the girls were not keen on a neutral color, so we settled on this lovely shade.  Oh, and I splurged and got the chairs I really wanted!

No comments: