Friday, April 29, 2022

Pigeon. A Family Affair.

We have had Pigeon for a little over a month now.  The more we get to know him, the more we love.  Sidney has gained so much confidence.  I am contemplating whether I want to take a few horse lessons myself.  We have a cute little pen, with a cute little shed and a cute little red bench for us to sit on and visit (more on that later).  Sidney spends time each and every day at the barn, riding pigeon, grooming him and meeting the other horse owners.  I often see her and wonder what goes through her mind.  I wonder what conversations her and Pigeon have.  They are forming a beautiful bond.



Pigeon has been taking to Eh Capa nicely.  In a few short weeks, Sidney has been able to take the bit and bridle off and ride him with just the tack rein and a bareback pad.  This is a picture of them at their first Eh Capa practice.  I think her friends were just as excited for Sidney as she was for herself.

Kendall has been out there a few times, but she hasn't ridden him yet.  Probably not a terrible thing.  I envision her jumping on him, giving him a kick and yelling 'yee-hah'.  Yikes!

Even Hannah has been out to meet him.  This picture is hilarious.  I am not entirely sure what Hannah is doing, and Kendall looks like she is about ready to vomit.  Sidney is just chilling.

My mom even got on Pigeon for a ride.

The smile on this face says absolutely everything!

No comments: