Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Last Bits of Summer.

This summer zoomed by.  At the beginning of the summer, the girls had asked us not to schedule them for any specific activities.  Well, I would say they had the summer of fun.  Vacations, summer camps, bowling, swimming, kayaking and sleeping in.  We had Hannah over for the last weekend of summer.  Kevin drove us up to Arrowrock and we went kayaking.  The girls decided to go to the other side of the reservoir and hike the hills.  Naturally, I had to go with them.
 
The next morning, we broke out the slip and slide and doggy pool.  While they were wet, they decided to give Bailey a much needed bath.  Bailey loved the attention.  The girls had fun soaping, rinsing and cringing when he decided to shake.

While Sidney was gone this summer, I decided to organize her room...go figure!  She has been getting rid of a lot of her toys and moving into an older room.  She was so happy with the job that I did that she decided to create a fort underneath her bed.

We used the silhouette machine to create some wall decals.  By 'we', I really mean 'Sidney'.  She knew exactly what she wanted.

Kendall picked up these cute little bowls from a garage sale this summer.  They have inspired the girls to eat more yogurt and fruit.  Who would have known?  If I knew it was that easy, I would have bought them myself, years ago.  This is an example of Sidney's breakfast of champions.

I am sad to see summer end.  It was a good one.  However, there are new and exciting things on the horizon.

No comments: