Sunday, September 4, 2016

No words.

The title of this post describes much of how I feel.  I asked Kevin what I should write for an update, but I am not sure that either of us could think of anything creative.  It has been a long journey.  Sometimes there are just no words to describe exactly how we feel or what is going on, so we don't.  But, I will try.  I will try, because I know that many of you want to know but do not want to be intrusive.  I will try, because this blog serves as a story for our daughters to be able to read someday and reflect on our lives.

Kevin had a scan last Thursday and was scheduled to start a new treatment on Friday.  We did everything as scheduled.  The scan results were not good, some of which was expected, some of which we do not exactly understand what it means.  The oncologist asked Kevin what he wanted to do.  Does he want to start this new treatment?  Kevin replied, "Yes.  Let's continue to fight this fight!"  As I may have shared in a previous post, we are moving away from traditional chemotherapy and trying immunotherapy.  The side effects are supposed to be very minimal.  He had a pretty rough first day or two, but generally seems to be doing well.  It will be four to six months to really know if this new treatment is working.  They will do a scan after two months just as a protocol.  However, it is typical that the first scan will show that nothing has improved.

We carry on!  We cherish each day.  We hope for a cure.  We hope for a miracle.  Most of all, we do our best to enjoy each moment.  We take the good and push through the bad.  Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  It means more than I will ever be able to express.

No comments: