Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Cake.

Well, I celebrated another birthday this weekend.  The girls made a very special cake for me.  They had conspired all week with Grandma Terrell and made SEVERAL last minute game changing decisions until they settled on the perfect cake.  Below is a picture of the cake, lit candles and all.

After I had made my wish, and the girls helped me blow the candles out, we decided to take a close up picture of "The Cake".  


Take note that nearly half of the cake is missing.  We owe the dietary thanks to our newest family member, Chili the Chiweenie.  The girls had a sleepover the night before my birthday to celebrate their dear friend Hannah's birthday.  They hid the cake in the dining room and turned out the lights so I would not go in and take a look.   Kevin and I were watching a movie that evening, and we let Cooper and Chili into the house.  Cooper was laying on the floor beside me when suddenly she perked up and walked into the foyer.  I did not notice.  However, Kevin noticed the action and saw Cooper cock her head toward the dining room with an "I cannot believe you are doing that, you are in such big trouble" look.  I am not really certain that dogs can give those kinds of looks, but it was enough to make Kevin jump up and run in the dining room.

Sure enough Chili was in the middle of the table plowing through one side of the cake.  Of course the other half was untouched.  Being that it was chocolate and looked delicious in every way, we cleaned up the carnage and decided to keep the rest of the cake.  After all, the girls had worked so hard on it.  I thought certainly that the girls would be devastated when they found out.  In fact, they were not sad at all.  They found the whole thing quite hilarious!

The cake was indeed delicious.  I certainly think we made the right decision.  Kendall going straight in for seconds.  No plate, just a spoon!  

Sidney enjoying every last piece.  Most assuredly she asked me right after this picture if she could lick her plate.  Yes, we know how to party in the Strong household.

It was yet again a most awesome birthday!  On a side note, I am not totally sure that I believe the rumor that chocolate is dangerous for dogs.  This was my second "dog stealing my chocolate" incident.  The first incident occurred when I was about 10 years old.  I had an Easter basket FULL of chocolate in my bedroom.  Yes, in my bedroom.  It was hidden under my bed so that my sister would not steal any of my candy.  Unfortunately my childhood dog, Snuffles, found the basket first and ate every last piece of chocolate.  She did not get sick either.  I am sure it is true...somewhere...but my personal experience would suggest something different.  Needless to say, it was me who was stealing chocolate from my sister after that!

No comments: