Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Breakers.

This past week the girls have spent spring break at my parents.  They truly live by the motto that "What happens at Grandma and Papa's stays at Grandma and Papa's."  One thing is for certain, they always have a good time and come home very tired. 
 
My sister took a day off to spend with the girls.  She took them shopping and to lunch.  She let each of the girls pick out a pair of shoes.  Of course, they picked the craziest shoes in the store.  The only thing I could think is "Holy Laces".  My mom informed me that the shoes actually have zippers on the sides.  Thank goodness!  I thought certainly Stephanie was paying me back for all of the obnoxiously loud toys I used to seek out for her kids.

After that, she took them to Claire's to pick out an accessory of their choice.  Sidney picked out a Justin Bieber necklace.  Seriously?  We are going to have a long talk about judgement of character:)  Kendall sported some new shades.  Aunt Stephie certainly does spoil them!

They went non-stop.  However, my mom was smart and stockpiled crafts for a bit of downtime between activities.

One of the days my parents took the girls and Hallie swimming at Stoneridge. 

Sid informed me that she did not swim very long, "Only for a minute and an hour."  The real story is that they swam for nearly 3 hours.  Needless to say she fell asleep on the way home. 

For the Grand Finale, my parents took all four grand kids to Triple Play with unlimited fun passes.  They played laser tag and miniature golf, rode go-karts, bowled and rock climbed.  It was a great way to end spring break.  They even ran into cousin Kami there.




Though I am glad they had fun, I will be glad to have them home.  The mornings have been way to quiet!!!

No comments: