Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Boy With the Blue Hair.

Last night I took Sidney to get a much needed haircut.  She has only had one haircut to date.  Hair has been scarce for her and it is finally starting to really grow.  Her golden locks were all over the place, which I love for the most part, but it was time to tame the lion's mane.  The other day Kendall was describing one of the kids in her class and said, "She has tangled wild hair just like Sidney".  Funny AND true.  My biggest fear was that we would get a hairdresser that would whack off all her gorgeous curls.
So off to Great Clips we went.  When we arrived there was a young man with brilliant blue hair and body piercings everywhere.  Kendall could not take her eyes off of him.  Finally I said, "She is in awe of your blue hair".  The man with the blue hair replied, "Most kids are."  To our surprise, he would be the one cutting Sidney's hair.  Much to my amazement Sid was not afraid of him at all.  She sat right down and let him go to town.

He did an absolutely fantastic job!  He really knew what he was doing.  First off, he did not wet the gorgeous curls as that might have given an uneven cut.  Second, in a very motherly fashion I suggested that we do not take too much off the back as her hair had just started to grow.  The young man gently said, "We can do that...if you want a baby mullet.  I would suggest that we even it out with the sides and it will grow out very nicely."  He reassured me that as soon as we wet her hair, the little curls would be back.  He was absolutely right.  Her hair turned out darling. 

I will definitely be going back to the man with the blue hair, tattoos and multiple body piercings.  I guess I will have to find out his name if I am going to request him.  Who knows...next time his hair may not be blue.

FRONT VIEW:

REAR VIEW:

2 comments:

Lizette said...

That is too funny. I guess to get his hair that color of blue, he must have some idea of what he is doing, right?

I saw your comment on my blog and commented back, but I wanted to tell you that I peek at your blog from Becky's list too and it is so fun to read. Your girls are adorable! Oh, and the gymnastics place I posted about is Tumble Time on Cloverdale.

Kasey S said...

Thanks for sharing this story and allowing Great Clips to play a small role in such a great and adorable moment for you and your family. I'm glad "the boy with the blue hair" was able to help Sidney and make sure she was able to keep her curls!

Thanks again.

Kasey Skala
Great Clips