Saturday, August 26, 2023

The Birthday Dress

 We were planning to celebrate the twin's (my mom and Sid) birthdays at Andrade's, but lo and behold, they are closed on Mondays.  How did I not know this?  We made a quick detour to Idaho Pizza Company and had an equally fun night.  They shared a cute little doggie cake.



My mom and dad played an excellent practical joke on Sidney.  About  four days before her birthday, my mom started to send her texts, asking for ideas and telling her that her and grandpa had seen some super cute dresses at the mall.  My mom kept asking me if Sidney had said anything.  Sidney had not mentioned it, so I figured the joke would fall flat.  Boy, was I wrong.  The night before her birthday, Sid told Kendall and I that she was very worried that grandma and grandpa had gotten her a dress.  She said, "You don't think grandpa would let grandma do that do you?"  I replied, "Well they have been married fifty years, I am guessing he has learned to go with the flow."  She asked what she should do, if they really did get her a dress.  I said, "Smile and say thank you."

The night of their birthday's, my mom wrapped up one of her dresses and gave it to Sid.  Sid was a mix of emotions, but did smile and say thank you.  It was hilarious!

After sufficient torture, my mom gave her the real birthday gift.

Sid was laughing so hard reflecting on the situation that she nearly started crying.  Yep, my mom got her good.

Sidney tried her hand at the crane machine.  She has not lost her touch and managed to get a stuffed emoji head out of the machine.

She tried her hand at the shooting game, with not nearly as much success.

It was a fun night celebrating Sidney and my mom.


They look pretty great for 15 and 70!

No comments: