Friday, January 6, 2023

Until We Meet Again.

This year started out on a sad note.  My beautiful grandma passed away at the age of 96 years old.  She lived a long and full life and was sharp as a tack.  Kevin used to love bantering with her, as she was always up on the latest news or politics.  Kevin and I used to travel with her a lot when we lived in California.  There were a couple of funny moments that will forever be etched in my memory.  She lived in Stockton, which is a very rough town.  She was not immune to the crazy.  On one particular car trip, we were traveling at a high elevation and a bottle of sunny d must have over pressurized and the lid came flying off.  I remember her ducking and yelling, "we've been shot".  Oh my goodness!

Then there was the night we were driving back to California from Christmas up North.  The fog was crazy thick, and she kept telling Kevin that he was going the wrong way.  He finally had enough and turned to me and said, "Can you make her be quiet?"  Um, no!  

She was a force to be reckoned with.  She was super sweet, but super fierce.  She was my first example of what a strong, independent woman looks like.  She will be forever missed!


My mom and sister found this beautiful lamp in her home and brought it back for me.  She was always the keeper of beautiful things.  I remember her letting my sister and I put makeup on her as little kids.  She gave the most amazing back rubs.  She even let me die her hair jet black one time.  Oh grandma, you were really the best!

No comments: