Thursday, January 27, 2022

The Finer Things

Sidney and I decided to venture out to A Way With Clay.  It had been pre-pandemic since our last visit, which means we had not been there in about two years.  I had forgotten how much fun it was.  We spent the day visiting with each other, and our friend Judy, who owns the shop.  It was great to get out.

I painted a cute little bowl.  I think it is supposed to be a dog dish, but I will use it for holding keys and jewelry.  Sidney painted a mug with a horse picture.  This is her second horse mug.  The first one is quite large, so this one will be good for her daily chai tea.

One of the nurses that had taken care of Kevin is friends with me on Facebook.  I have always enjoyed fresh cut flowers.  They remind me of something beautiful and frivolous, somewhat like a luxury.  This all started when Kevin and I were dating, and he would buy me flowers quite regularly.  She had purchased some supermarket flowers and put them in three separate bowls.  It was a beautiful idea.  So, my mom and I went on a thrift store hunt.  I found this gorgeous tray and three mismatched clear vases.  Then I purchased some Albertson's market bunch flowers.  I must say it is gorgeous and brings me so much joy.

No comments: