Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Virtual School, Times Two.

Sidney had started online school last year through Gem Prep.  As I may have mentioned in previous blogs, it was one of the biggest challenges I have ever faced.  It took a lot of grit to figure it out.  Her mental health has never been better.  She had decided to do it for one more year and perhaps go back to brick and mortar next year.  It was a good thing, because it turns out the school year started that way for everyone.  Here the girls are on day one of school this year.


Kendall moved over to Boise School District this year, so starting online has been a bit strange.  To my surprise, she has been enjoying it a lot.  The only thing she said she missed was meeting new people.  That being said, by Thursday, she had already exchanged email and phone numbers with several girls in her classes.  She is going to do just fine!

One of Sidney's assignments was to take a picture of her being math ready.  Her teacher required each of them to get a TI calculator.  When she told me this, I assured her that we had plenty of those lying around.  I am both a TI and a math geek.  Sure enough, we had the exact model her teacher preferred without a single purchase.

I totally forgot to take the picture by the front door this year.  So, instead here are a few pictures to show just how grown up these girls have become.  Our neighbor actually made this dress for herself for a dance last year.  Kendall picked it up at the neighborhood sale.  It fit her perfectly.  She has no idea how gorgeous she is.  Let's hope it stays that way!!!

Sidney has been doing a bit of shopping of her own.  She still remains our resident fashionista.  I am certain this is not a trait I have imparted upon her.  I am not sure if Kevin would approve of how grown up she is getting!  What a beauty!


No comments: