Saturday, August 22, 2020

A Wedding and Sushi with Hallie.

Ah to catch up on blogging.  I have been very bad about keeping up this year.  Sidney keeps telling me I should do one each Friday night.  That would make great sense.  Well, here we go.  The month of July was insane and fun.  It started with a trip to Northern Idaho for Dylan and Heather's wedding.  It was outdoors and beautiful and THANKFULLY no one got sick.  The girls and I do great on road trips.  We actually kind of love them.  I download a favorite authors audio book.  The girls pack their 'fun' bags and off we go.

It was an awesome time to visit with our family.  The girls and I and my mom took some fun photos while everyone was at the rehearsal.




The wedding venue was absolutely stunning and naturally helpful in social distancing.  It was in an old refurbished barn.  Sidney tells me they basically joined two stalls to make a ton of smaller spaces with tables.  There was an amazing fire pit and even three horses on the grounds.  Of course, Sidney wrangled up the horses in no time.

My Dad was on of Dylan's groomsmen.  He looked very dapper in his wedding attire.

The place where they said their vows overlooked a beautiful valley with mountains beyond.  Just gorgeous!

It is hard to believe that Dylan is old enough to be getting married.  It feels like just yesterday that I was at Ventura College and got the "I'm pregnant!" call from my sister.

My sister was a beautiful mother of the groom!

We were not able to make it up for Hallie's graduation, so we planned some special time together.  She suggested sushi for her graduation lunch.  The girls and I are total novices, so Hallie basically had to order for us.  Oh, and I am allergic to fish.  However, there were plenty of choices that do not involve raw fish.  

It was absolutely amazing.  The girls are definitely sushi fans.

We demolished three orders of these crab/cream cheese won-tons, in addition to our own meals.

It was really good to be with our family and we were grateful to be part of Dylan and Heather's special day.

No comments: