Thursday, March 15, 2018

YMCA, Car Washes and Other Fun.

The oncologist has prescribed water physical therapy to help relieve some of Kevin's joint pain. Kevin wanted to be able to do some of the exercises outside of his appointments, so we decided to join the YMCA.  It has been a lot of fun on some of these cold and rainy spring days.  Kendall was right back to being a fish.  She went right over to the high diving board for some fun.
 


Sidney enjoyed the slide and playing water basketball.  She is not quite sure about the high dive yet.

I decided to sign up for a few golf lessons.  I convinced the girls golf coach, Pete, that I was almost like a kid.  He agreed to give me a few lessons.  I went ahead and signed the girls up for a few along with me.  It has been AWESOME.  Thus far, I have only taken 2 lessons and my swing has improved tremendously.  They just opened a new indoor golf course by our house.  It has been a perfect place to practice (once again, on the cold and rainy spring days).  Back 9 Indoor Golf.  Kendall is definitely getting the hang of it and finding the thrill (and frustration) in golf.

The verdict is still out for Sidney.  I have noticed that after the second lesson, she was way more into it.  She even asked if she could hit a few more as we were packing things up.

Kendall and I went through the car wash the other day.  Yes, it is a very mundane thing, but not for the Strong family.  I love the car wash.  I love the smell, and I love the colors.  Kendall decided to grab my camera and snap a few pictures.  We have names for all the different phases of the wash.  I remember starting this when the girls were little and they would start to cry when we went through the wash.

 
 Wahooz has expanded.  I am truly a kid at heart.  I love these types of places!  As I may have mentioned in the past, Kevin and I have a history of competitiveness.  These places make me crazy and happy all at the same time.  Wahooz now has a laser maze.  Sidney went there the other day with an unlimited wrist band.  It was not super busy, so she kept going from the exit of the maze back to the front of the line.

They have a monitor that shows the person inside the maze.  Here is Sidney with all her cat like reflexes, trying to dodge the lasers.

No comments: