Sunday, January 14, 2018

The High Stakes of 'Puzzling'.

The girls and I decided to put a couple of puzzles together over the holiday break.  Kevin even joined in, though he was sure to tell me that puzzles are not at all relaxing for him.  We finished Kendall's puzzle in very short order.  She glued it together and we framed it for her room. 

Sidney loved the idea of doing a puzzle for her room as well.  She picked out a cool puzzle for us to do.  One might think that the risk of missing a piece at the end only applies to used puzzles.  That is not the case.  After several days of concentration and puzzling, we came to the end only to discover not one, but two, missing pieces.  UGH!  This was a brand new box.  How can it be?  We have come to the conclusion that either Bailey ate the pieces or they got sucked up in the vacuum.  We sadly tore apart this puzzle and gave the pieces to Sidney for crafting. 
 
A week later, my mom came up with the ingenious idea of gluing a button or some other funky object over the hole.  Oh well, too late now. 

My mom got the girls each a beautiful silver earring holder from Brighton for Christmas.  They love their new earring holders.  In order to hold their endless supply of earrings, I decided to scrounge up some old picture frames along with a plastic needlepoint canvas to make them a cheap, funky backup earring holder.  What a deal at 69 cents. 
 
The girls also got a pack of art canvases and some new brushes for Christmas.  Sidney jumped right in and made this cute painting for Rebecca. 

Sidney felt I needed a nametag for my home office.  One work morning, I walked upstairs to find this little gem sitting on my desk. 
 
After a long stretch of no missing teeth, Sidney lost two teeth in a row.  The second day, she asked if she polished up her tooth, did I think the tooth fairy would leave her extra money?  Hmmm. 

No comments: