Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturday Morning Fun and the Big Crane.

Who doesn't want to wake up at 5:30am on Saturday morning?  Normally, I would think this is an okay idea considering that I am a genetically born and bred early bird.  However, this week I probably could have slept in a bit.  As the story goes, Kevin was having a hard time sleeping.  So at the first sign of life, Kevin became Chatty Cathy.  What is the meaning of life?  What should we do today?  Should we get the kids up and go out for breakfast?  UGH.  Again, normally this would not phase me.  This particular morning, I could have slept a bit more.  We settled on a reasonable (?) 7am breakfast time.  We had not been to Denny's in forever, so to breakfast we went.  It was a great time!  We all enjoyed our pancakes and omelets.  Kevin, of course, reminded me of what a GREAT idea he had.

After that, we went to the nearest big crane machine.  What else were we going to do?  We had 30 minutes to burn before Kevin's shot appointment.  In actuality, it was just a good excuse to do something we love.  Yes, we are that family.  The ones that spend their dollars on the hunt for ridiculous stuffed animals.  Kevin says we do it for the love of the game.  He might be right as I found myself jumping up and down, the recipient of raised eyebrows from a few passersby. 

Kendall was the big winner this time around.

Sidney holds the family record, five stuffed animals (cheetah not pictured) for under 3 or 4 dollars.  I cannot remember exactly.  Remember, it is for the love of the game:)
 

A few weeks ago at skating, she won this cute little wonder.  One quarter, one animal.  Sweet!

Here is Sidney, all dressed up for camo night at Awana.  I was on a trip, so Grandma Terrell subbed in my spot and sent me this little gem of a picture.

No comments: